Arché is a space for thinking and creative development, intending to provide tools to new film projects, as well as moments of reflection and trainning thus fostering and ensuring projects’ identity and quality.
Organized by Apordoc – Associação pelo Documentário and taking place in the scope of Nebulae, the industry programme of Doclisboa – International Film Festival Arché welcomes every year 12 projects in writing or early and final editing stages from Iberoamerican countries and Italy.
With the support of the Ibermedia Programme, Arché assings one participation fellowship for each of the 12 seelcted projects, which includes accomodation in Lisbon during Arché, the participation in all activities and a free pass to Doclisboa and Nebulae programme. Participants must ensure their travel costs to and from Lisbon.
- To provide a space of deep trainning on film projects and its different stages of production, free from immediate financial and logistical objectives, ensuring that the work on the participating projects is focused on the creative process in terms of directing and production;
- To encourage the creation of collaborative networks between different projects and production structures, allowing the collaboration between independent structures;
- To provide a means of contact with international agents of high quality in an atmosphere of an in-depth work;
- To offer a market model focused on projects and auteurs, approaching the production process mainly as an authorial project;
- To contribute to the integration of Portuguese authors and producers in international networks, granting access to the most important problematics, temathics and terminologies;
- To foster the proximity between film production and film criticism and research, thus creating a shared space between the two fields.
Programme of Activities
Arché consists of the following activities:
- Project Development Workshops:
Arché workshops aim at providing projects the necessary tools to explore the subject and reflect upon the narrative strategies and include the viewing of footage and/or working versions in the case of projects in the editing stage or first cuts. Participants work collectively, with the different projects sharing experiences with a tutor, in order to question and enhance each of them.
- Pitching Session and One-to-one Meetings:
Participants pitch their projects in 10 minutes presentations to industry guests. Producers, programmers, sales agents and other professionals attending Doclisboa will be invited. On the afternoon, a series of dynamic meetings between participants and industry guests will take place.
In 2021, Arché will take place between 21st and 31st October. All activities will take place physically in Lisbon, but the organization will provide means to the online participation in case any selected project isn’t able to travel.