1. Arché is the space for thinking and creative development of Apordoc – Associação pelo Documentário (the Portuguese Association for Documentary), taking place in the scope of Doclisboa – International Film Festival (Lisbon, Portugal).
2. RAW: Residencies Arché→Work is a training and creative development programme organized by Arché with Film Festival (Madrid, Spain). It takes place between Lisbon and Madrid and includes the participation in Arché, artistic residencies and the participation in Márgenes/Work, Márgenes’ creative development lab. With its own regulations, RAW has two different strands: the Creation Residencies, aimed at film projects, and Criticism Residencies, aimed at film criticism or research projects.
3. In 2023, Arché will take place between October 19th and 25th.
4. Arché consists of project development workshops, a pitching session, one-to-one meetings and other complementary activities.
5. Arché is dedicated to film projects that encompass a strong implication in the domain of the real – projects able to experiment the potential and boundaries of its documental matrix.
6. Arché is exclusive to authors from member-countries of the Ibermedia Programme: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Italy, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela.
7. An annual call for projects will be announced at www.arche-space.org. In 2023, calls for projects are open between April 20th and May 31st.
8. Projects submissions are free of charge.
9. To submit a project, applicants are required to fill in the application form and send the materials listed in the Submissions page.
10. The selection of the participating projects will be made by the Arché coordinators. If considered relevant, the coordinators will invite relevant professionals from the sector.
11. Applicants will be informed of the results by e-mail August 15th. The information on selected projects will be under embargo until the official announcement to be made by the organization.
12. Each selected project will be given a participation fellowship with the support of the Ibermedia Programme, covering:
- accomodation in Lisbon in one of Doclisboa’s accommodation between October 19th and 25th;
- access to Arché and all its activities;
- access to Doclisboa and its Industry Programme, Nebulae.
13. Participants must cover the traveling costs.
14. The selected participants must have medical and travel insurance.
15. Applicants must ensure their availability during Arché dates. Participation in all activities is mandatory.
16. Projects’ producers, editors and writers are allowed to participate in Arché with the directors. However, Arché will only grant 1 fellowship per project, to its director.
17. Participants authorize the publication of the provided information in the official catalogue of Doclisboa and Márgenes, their websites and social media, and other promotional materials.
18. Projects selected to be part of Arché agree to use the Arché logotype in its credits and promotional materials. Moreover, they agree to use the following wording “Project presented at Arché”. Logos can be downloaded here.
19. Projects winning Arché awards are also requested to use the award partner logo.
20. The submission of a project implies the knowledge and acceptance of these regulations.
21. The direction of Apordoc will decide on all matters not covered by these regulations according to the film festival international rules.