1. Arché is the space for thinking and creative development of Apordoc – Associação pelo Documentário (the Portuguese Association for Documentary), taking place in the scope of Doclisboa – International Film Festival (Lisbon, Portugal).
2. Every year, Arché holds an edition in the context of Porto/Post/Doc Film Festival.
3. In 2023, Arché in Porto/Post/Doc will take place between November 17th and 21nd.
4. Arché in Porto/Post/Doc consists of a project development workshop and a pitching session.
5. Arché is dedicated to film projects that encompass a strong implication in the domain of the real – projects able to experiment the potential and boundaries of its documental matrix and young critics and researchers in the area of Ibero-American cinema.
6. Arché is exclusive to authors from member-countries of the Ibermedia Programme: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Italy, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela.
7. In 2023, through a partnership with the ECAM – School of Cinematography and Audiovisual of Madrid (Spain), which resulted in the invitation of a project of a student finalist of the Documentary Cinema course to participate in Arché-Porto, applying the same deadlines and eligibility conditions of the remaining participants.
8. An annual call for projects will be announced at www.arche-space.org. In 2023, calls for projects to Arché in Porto/Post/Doc are open between August 24th and September 25th.
9. Projects submissions are free of charge.
10. To submit a project, applicants are required to fill in the application form and send the materials listed in the Submissions page.
11. The selection of the participating projects will be made by the Arché coordinators. If considered relevant, the coordinators will invite relevant professionals from the sector.
12. Applicants will be informed of the results by email October 12th. The information on selected projects will be under embargo until the official announcement to be made by the organization.
13. Participants must cover the traveling and accommodation costs.
14. The selected participants must have medical and travel insurance.
15. Applicants must ensure their availability during Arché dates. Participation in all activities is mandatory.
16. Projects’ producers, editors and writers are allowed to participate in Arché with the directors.
17. Participants authorize the publication of the provided information and materials sent at the request of the organization in the catalogue, websites and social media, and other promotional materials.
18. Projects selected to be part of Arché agree to use the Arché logotype in its credits the following wording “Project presented at Arché-Porto”. Logos can be downloaded here.
19. Projects winning Arché awards are also requested to use the award partner logo.
20. The submission of a project implies the knowledge and acceptance of these regulations.
21. The direction of Apordoc and the direction of Porto/Post/Doc film festival will decide on all matters not covered by these regulations according to the film festival international rules.